The temperature is going to be over 95 °F today and tomorrow, so the City of Trenton is issuing an extreme heat advisory and opening the city cooling center at Sam Naples Community Center, which is located at 611 Chesnut Avenue, Trenton, NJ 08611. The City of Trenton advises residents to drink plenty of fluids, avoid prolonged exposure to the sun, wear light colored and/or loose fitting clothing, and most importantly, check on relatives, friends and elders.
The City of Trenton Department of Health and Human Services opens cooling centers when the temperature exceeds 98 °F on any one single day or 95 °F on any two days in a row.
If residents need a break from the heat, they can head down to the following locations:
- Sam Naples Center — 611 Chesnut Avenue (8 am – 8 pm)
- Trenton Rescue Mission — 98 Carroll St (open 24/7 only to adults),
- Trenton Free Public Library — 120 Academy St (open from 8 am – 8 pm)
- Any other public building in the City of Trenton
Also, the City of Trenton welcomes residents to cool off at any of the city’s public pools this summer:
- Cooper Pool – 396 Union Street
- Father Rocco Pool – 1501 New Willow Street
- Hetzel Pool – 190 North Olden Avenue
- Martin Luther King Jr. Pool – 347 Brunswick Avenue
- Roberto Clemente Pool – 342 Academy Street
Pools will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Monday through Sunday.