The unofficial start to summer is here! Memorial Day weekend is a time for many to honor and remember loved ones who have lost their lives serving our country. Mercer County is holding a remembrance ceremony, and we provide a list of offices and facilities that will be open and closed this holiday weekend, as well as some other informative and entertaining listings for your review.
Most Mercer County government offices will be closed Monday, May 29, 2023, in observance of Memorial Day. Check out the list of opened and closed facilities and offices this holiday:
All branches of the Mercer County Library System will be closed Saturday, May 27, through Monday, May 29.
In addition to being closed on Memorial Day, the County Connection office in Hamilton will be closed Saturday, May 27.
The following County offices and facilities will remain open:
- Trenton-Mercer Airport (except for administrative offices)
- Correction Center, Sheriff’s Office
- Emergency Services Communication Center.
The following Mercer County Park Commission facilities will be open on Memorial Day:
- Marina and Spray Park at Mercer County Park, noon to 6 p.m.
- Tennis Center, 7:30 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- All five County golf courses, 6 a.m. (first tee time) to 7:30 p.m.
- Hopewell Valley Pool will be open Memorial Day weekend (Saturday-Monday), 8:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and then will be open weekends only through June 18.
- The Wildlife Center will accept patients by appointment only from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday, May 27, through Monday, May 29.
- The outdoor education area will be open free of charge for self-guided tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Howell Living History Farm will be closed on Memorial Day but will be open Saturday, May 27, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. for its Haying program.
- Mercer County Stables will be open for visitors from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Memorial Day; no horse activities scheduled.
- Tulpehaking Nature Center and Park Commission administrative offices will be closed on Memorial Day.
- For more information on Park Commission facilities, visit www.mercercounty.org/parks.