This weekend is full of unique, yet fun and entertaining events for all. Being that Saturday is Earth Day, we have provided a couple of interesting events around town to celebrate the planet. Shop Trenton Saturday’s are also back, urging residents to shop the many great options in our city. Check out our list of activities below that also include consignment shopping and hiring fairs.
Shop Trenton Saturdays return
In an effort to promote local shopping and fun activities in Trenton, the City of Trenton Division of Economic Development creates a list of events going on in Trenton every Saturday. The goal is to encourage residents in the city, as well as the surrounding areas to shop, eat, gather and support the community. Here are a few of the happenings going on this Saturday, April 22nd.
Revolutionary Trenton and the African American Cultural Collaborative of Mercer County, 12 pm, at 1911 Smokehouse BBQ, 11 W Front Street
- CASH MOB
Meet at the Westminster Church at 12 East State Street, then visit different local businesses with the goal of spending $20.
- POKEMON GO!
Join host Megan Iurilli at 12 pm at Starbucks, 102 South Warren Street… and go!
- TRENTON KNIT & STITCH
At Classic Books, 4 Lafayette Street
Come on downtown and mingle. Parking is free at the Liberty Commons Garage 16 East Front Street, Trenton
Friends of Herrontown Woods’ Earth Day Celebration 2023
Earth Day is this Saturday! What better way to honor the environmental movement than to celebrate it with a nature walk, bike or run. Friends of Herrontown Woods & Princeton Public Library are hosting an event on April 22nd, in celebration of Earth Day.
The second annual Earth Day Celebration 2023 will include a family hike, lunch, expert presenters, and more fun activities! See the line up below:
- 9-10 a.m. & 11 a.m.-12 p.m. | Flowers and Frogs Family Hike, with local botanists Stephen Hiltner and other local naturalists. Hike is moderate. Boots/galoshes recommended! Sign up below.
- 9 a.m.- 3 p.m. | May’s Café popup will be serving Small World Coffee, baked treats, and lunch fare through the day.
- 9 a.m.- 12 p.m. | Chat with inventor and founder of the Hydrogen House Project, Mike Strizki, as he gives a presentation of his Toyota Mirai hydrogen fuel cell vehicle. Main parking lot, next to the Barden.
- 1 p.m.-3 p.m. | Geology Walk where the formation of the Princeton Ridge and its special rocks will be discussed. This event will have limited capacity.
- 1 p.m.-3 p.m. | Local Flora & Fauna Walk, with Mary Joan Gaynor. Learn about local bird species, spring ephemerals, and vernal pools.
- 10 a.m.- 3 p.m. | Visit local experts at hands-on display tables in the Botanical Art Garden (Barden) and near the Veblen House:
- Princeton Public Library will lead outdoor activities include crafting and other hands-on, Earth Day-themed activities, including an Outdoor Storytime (story time begins at 1PM).
- Start wildflower seeds and veggies crops with Mathilde Burlion of Grow Little Gardener
- Bike tune-ups and repairs in the main parking lot.
- Make and take home your own herbal vinegars with Tish Streetan of Queen Mab’s Herbs using local plants and herbs from 10AM – 12PM.
- Local mushroom foraging expert Dr. Philip Poniz will talk about mushrooms in this region.
- Composting tips/wishing the Earth well with Bainy Suri.
- Nature displays with the Littlebrook School PTO.
- Get expert tips on nature photography.
- Get expert advice about your yard from sustainable landscapers.
- Learn about local invasive species from local experts, and perhaps join the newly formed, relaxed and friendly “Invasive Species of the Month Club!”
The rain date is Sunday, April 23rd. For more information, please visit here.
Date: April 22nd
Time: 9:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Location: Friends of Herrontown Woods 600 Snowden Lane, Princeton
Trenton Thunder’s hiring fair
Baseball is back in season! The Trenton Thunder Baseball Club is having a job fair for the following positions:
- Customer Service (usher, ticket taker, greeter)
- Custodial Staff
- Security Staff
- Parking Attendant
- Bat Boy
- Merchandise (store)
- Grounds Crew
- Concessions & Food Service (cashier, cook, vending)
Go down and show your stuff. Visit their site for more information.
Date: April 22nd
Time: 10:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Location: 1 Thunder Rd, Trenton, NJ
Spring & Summer Children’s consignment event
Just Between Friends is a local consignment pop-up shop that resells gently used children’s clothing and toys to the community.
This Saturday, at 8:00 a.m., they are holding a community marketplace where families can sell their own items that their kids no longer need, or shop at 50% to 90% off retail prices.
- Presale Day is Friday, April 21st- Tickets are required and may come with a fee.
- Opening Day is Saturday, April 22nd – Tickets are recommended
- Half Price Sale is Sunday, April 23rd – Tickets are recommended
While most tickets are free, the Elite, Premium and Prime Time tickets come with a fee. To view all ticket information and to purchase tickets please click here.
Date: April 22nd
Time: 8:00 a.m.
Location: Robbinsville Fieldhouse, 153 W Manor Way, Robbinsville
Mindfulness in the Museum and Community Nature Walk for Earth Day
Join the Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie this Saturday, April 22nd for a Earth Day Gathering that is good for the mind, body and soul. Sponsored by the Trenton Building Initiative for a Better Environment and the live podcast show Freestyle with Djenaba, the day will begin with a mindfulness session inside of the museum, where guests will reflect on the importance of our planet and their relationship with it. There will then be a nature walk to connect with the surroundings, learn about the local ecosystem, and to celebrate the earth.
Water and healthy snacks will be provided during the walk. The goal is to build a connection to our earth and to connect with like-minded individuals.
Celebrate the earth at the museum with a mindfulness nature walk.
Date: April 22nd
Time: 11:00 a.m.
Location: Trenton City Museum at Ellarslie Mansion, 299 Parkside Ave, Trenton